Balance is essential in the golf swing to maximise efficiency and ball striking.
Here’s some balance exercises is often used as tests. (CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO)
- Single leg balance – can you simply hold your balance when standing on one leg (20-30seconds).
- Single leg balance with torso backswing – same as the above, but making a backswing/torso rotation movement.
- Lateral hop and stick – hop to the left and right (3-4 feet is the target), taking off and landing on the same foot. Make sure to stick the landing (think about a soft landing into a small squat type position).
- Lateral hop and stick with torso backswing – same as the above but when you land, turn over the the standing left with the upper body.
These balance exercises are working:
- Static and Dynamic Balance
- Single leg stability
- Upper-lower body separation
- Single leg loading/weight transfer
All of the above being important in some respect no mater what golf swing you are trying to make.