Here’s some great core exercises for golfers using the Dual Adjustable Pulley (DAP). These are great for improving core strength and stability during rotational and/or anti-rotational movements. These exercises can be great to include in an exercise program along side other strength training exercises.
- Wood Chop – rotary strength and weight transfer, speed/power
- Reverse Wood Chop – whole body, weight transfer, creating force from the lower body
- Pallof Press – anti-rotational strength/stability for the core and hips
- Horizontal Rotations – rotational strength, weight transfer, acceleration/deceleration strength,speed/power
- Mini Rotations – core stability, anti-rotational strength/stability
All these exercises use the whole body. Often people might perform core exercise on the floor, but its important to perform some on your feet (alongside squats, deadlifts, overhead presses etc), focusing on golf relevant movement patterns too.
If you don’t have access to a Dual Adjustable Pulley, you can perform similar exercises using a resistance band. Of course, they will not quite be the same, but pretty good for a home workout.