Using resistance bands such as the GolfBand Loop can be a useful training aid to target the glutes (gluteus maximus/gluteus medius/ gluteus minimus).
The glute muscles are very important in the golf swing. For example, being able to load into the trail side leg/hip (whilst maintaining posture and stability and not swaying) and then loading into the lead hip during the downswing/follow-through without sliding. And also, generating power in the downswing.
Here’s 5 of my favourite glute exercises using the GolfBand Loop:
1. Mini-Band/Lateral Walks – targeting the glute medius and minimus during hip abduction
2. Lateral ‘in and outs’ – again, targeting the glute medius, moving a little quicker this time whilst maintaining stability on the standing leg.
3. Monster Walks – targeting the glute medius, minimus and glute max (also hip flexor muscles too when ‘monster’ walking forwards).
4. Hip Abductions and Extensions (standing and Plank position) – Abductions targeting the glute medius and minimus and extensions targeting the glute max.
5. Standing/Squat Clams (External rotation) – external rotation at the hip targets the glute max.
For the Video, Click HERE.