Here’s Seven Golf Specific Planks…. Or at least, progressing the plank exercise, making it a little more challenging and trying to incorporate some movements which will help your golf.
For the video, CLICK HERE.
1. Spiderman Plank with Donkey Kick – great for hip mobility and glute activation/strengthening
2. Pelvic Rotation Plank – great for working the obliques, controlling the pelvis and lower body separation.
3. Three-point Plank – great for working the glutes, resisting rotation/twisting at the core and for shoulder stability.
4. Side Plank/Bridge with Leg Raise – great exercise which really challenges the hip muscles as well as the core, particularly the obliques.
5. Plank with abductions and Extensions (with band) – this is a great variation targeting all of the glute muscles whilst maintaining good posture in the plank position.
6. Plank with Rotation – this is great for working the core and shoulder stability during movement/rotation specific to the golf swing.
7. Stir the Pot – with the elbows on an unstable surface this is great or increasing shoulder stability whilst further challenging core stability.
Make sure you can do a normal plank for 60 seconds before you try some of the harder variations. HERE’s a video on how to do a Plank.