Using strength training to improve posture and flexibility, reduce golf related injuries and improve golf performance.
Here’s 5 exercises to not only improve your strength, but also posture and flexibility (VIDEO HERE).
- Single arm row – upper body pulling strength, scapula stability and shoulder mobility, upper back posture, core stability/strength
- Glute Bridge – leg/hip strength, hip mobility
- Split Squat – leg/hip strength, hip mobility, core stability/strength
- Deadlift – hip hinge movement and golf set up posture, glutes and hamstring strength, hip mobility, upper back posture, core stability/strength
- Squat – hip and knee strength, hip mobility, core stability/strength
Strength Training is not only great for improving the obvious (that’s strength), but when done well, you can improve flexibility around the hips, shoulder and upper back, for example, as shown in the video HERE. Posture, flexibility and strength are all essential physical attributes for golfers of all ability.